purpose of the c wrapper

From: Vincent Torri
Subject: purpose of the c wrapper
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 15:02:27 +0200 (CEST)

Hey,

I am trying to port the c wrapper that is generated on MSYS/MinGW to the mingw32ce platform (for Windows CE OS).

On that OS, there are some missing features that exists on other OS (no environment variable (hence no getenv / setenv / putenv), no current working directory, no spawn function, etc...).

I can't port correctly it if I don't know the purpose of the C wrapper. I have asked several times that question on that list and I have never had a precise answer.

So I ask again:

what the precise purpose of the C wrapper ? Don't hesitate to give a long and detailed answer.

thank you

Vincent Torri