Re: purpose of the c wrapper

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: purpose of the c wrapper
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 23:14:47 +0200

Hello Vincent,

* Vincent Torri wrote on Wed, Jun 03, 2009 at 09:32:50PM CEST:

>> Does there exist a simulator for wince?  Even if not now, can there
>> exist one at some point?  In that case, we should strive to not make
>> things harder for that setup.
>
> there is a simulator for Windows CE that can be run on linux. But it is a
> pain to setup and to use, and i never succeeded in using it for graphic
> programs (which is the purpose of the libraries I'm porting).

Hmm.  But libtool aims to be usable not just for you.  Oh well, I guess
we've been there before, but no other user has shown up yet.

> The file link_output.txt is the result of the command :
>
> /bin/bash ../../libtool --tag=CC --debug   --mode=link arm-mingw32ce-gcc
> -O3 -pipe -Wl,--enable-auto-import -L/home/torri/local/wince/lib -Wl,-s
> -o test_evil.exe test_evil.o ../../src/lib/libevil.la > link_output.txt
> 2>&1
>

> My version of libtool : 2.2.6

Well, we've been through this before, too.  You and I have put in fixes
for this bit after 2.2.6 was released, the relevant one seems to be in
4e7334c7c28e51d3943339f6f3617985c03e3f79.  Try current git or a nightly
snapshot, it will set $wrappers_required to no, which is not the case in
the log you have showed:

> + wrappers_required=yes
> + case $host in
> + test yes '!=' yes