Re: purpose of the c wrapper

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: purpose of the c wrapper
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 08:16:50 +0200

* Vincent Torri wrote on Fri, Jun 05, 2009 at 12:28:23AM CEST:
> On Thu, 4 Jun 2009, Roumen Petrov wrote:
>> Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
>>> But anyway, I don't see how the current git code generates C wrappers
>>> for wince.
>>
>> The host is usually xxx-mingw32ce and will match patterns like
>> {*-}*-mingw*, i.e. it will generate wrappers as for mingw32.
>
> i have just sent a mail with a patch for that.
>
>> But the C-wrapper-code of current (my repository close is about one
>> month old) libtool  don't include error.h :
>> #ifndef __MINGW32CE__
>> # include <errno.h>
>> #endif
>
> and if the patch os accepted, you can remove the 3 #ifndef __MINGW32CE__
> that are in the wrapper for cygwin / mingw

Vincent, you're contradicting yourself over the course of this work.
I thought at one point we got the wrapper to work on mingwce.  I mean
that's the reason we added those __MINGW32CE__ ifdefs in the first
place.  If they fail to work properly now, then we should fix *that*,
not hack around it.  Or you should come out straight and say "we tried
to get the wrapper to work, but it failed for reasons X and Y which we
cannot solve, so how about we punt and not generate a wrapper?".

Thanks,