libtool picking up 64 bit libs when making a 32 bit build on 64 bit mach

From: devendra ayalasomayajula
Subject: libtool picking up 64 bit libs when making a 32 bit build on 64 bit machine
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 15:23:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I am trying to make a 32 bit build on a 64 bit machine. I see a problem with the search path that libtool(1.5.6) uses for compilation as well as linking. It picks up the 64 bit libs instead of 32 bit libs.

I  changed the sys_lib_search_path_spec and compiler_lib_search_path in libtool script to point to 32 bit libs  manually and it works perfect.

I would like to it in more ethical way .. so Is there a way to configure libtool such it picks up 32 bit libs? any help is greately appreciated.

Thank you
dev