Re: Trouble upgrading to 2.2.6a

From: Alberto Luaces
Subject: Re: Trouble upgrading to 2.2.6a
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 09:30:22 +0200

El Miércoles, 9 de Septiembre de 2009ES 19:56:22 Kurt Roeckx escribió:
> This is a typical behaviour of mixing libtool 1.5 and 2.2 parts.
> You probably have some aclocal.m4 file or simular somewhere still
> containing 1.5 macro's.

This is true in many cases, as I have seen from many other people. However
this time, the failure depends on the existence of a "install-sh" file in the
parent or the grandparent of the source directory. If it is present, the
following files are *not* generated during the autoreconf call:

config.guess  config.sub depcomp  install-sh  ltmain.sh missing

I came to this conclusion by inspecting the strace of libtool, which I have
posted on the other reply. This behavior sounds more strange to me as time
passes, so I'm going to write a bug report.

Alberto