dynamically linking one of mysq, postgresql or sqlite3

From: santilin
Subject: dynamically linking one of mysq, postgresql or sqlite3
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 00:09:35 +0200

Hi, I'm quite new to libtool though I have read the tree GNU manuals:
automake, autoconf and libtool.

I want to solve the typical problem of loading dinamically one of the
sql servers drivers from my own shared library.

I know I have to create a common interface for the drivers.

What I am not sure is wheter I must use dlopen or there is any other way
of loading the library. If I use dlopen, lets say, to open mysql.so, I
have to read all the symbols and use pointers to them, which is a lot of
work. I wonder if there is a way of loading the libraries the same way
they are loaded when they are linked within the main program.

In any case, can you point me to the source code of a project which does
this in a simple way?

Regards,
--santilin