Re: One year since last libtool release

From: Gary V. Vaughan
Subject: Re: One year since last libtool release
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 11:34:44 -0400

2009/9/18 Bob Friesenhahn <address@hidden>:
> On Fri, 18 Sep 2009, Gary V. Vaughan wrote:
>
>> Howdy Ralf, Bob,
>>
>> Was that a tumbleweed?
>
> It seems that you have been out west ...

...and east.

>> Well, since no-one else seems to want the job, I'll delurk and roll a
>> prerelease as soon as you'd like.
>
> From which continent (or island)?

I'm in Florida for a few months, with a side trip to Vegas for a
school buddies 40th :-o  After that: London, Bangkok, Manila and
Hawaii.

> While I have been following all of the libtool mails (the best that I can)

Well, your doing better than me.  I drop in a couple of times a week
and scan the subject lines, and read the interesting looking threads,
depending how much time I have, is all.

> it is not clear what condition libtool is actually in.  It seems time for a
> concerted effort to test libtool on the many targets to see if anything got
> busted.

To get the ball rolling, I have access to about 35 flavors of Unix,
with a couple of different compiler on many of them, plus the latest
Mac OS... so I'll take one of Peter's snapshots and see what the
testsuite shows us.

Cheers,
    Gary
--