Re: versioning and soname

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: versioning and soname
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 12:01:00 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 5 Oct 2009, Lorenzo Bettini wrote:

from what I understand, at least in a Unix environment, if the library version is

Note that by "Unix" you must be specifically describing ELF as it works for Linux. There are "Unix" systems which do not work as you describe.

If I now remove an interface I should set as a library version the following one, right?

6:0:0

and this will generate a soname

6.0.0

i.e., from soname 1.4 we go directly to 6.0

is this the intended behavior?

Seems like it. Be sure to read the libtool documentation. It is quite clear about what to do.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn