Re: control where win32 DLLs get installed behavior

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: control where win32 DLLs get installed behavior
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 09:30:48 +0100

Hello David,

* David Byron wrote on Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 11:56:02PM CET:
> I've grabbed the latest libtool sources from the pr-msvc-support branch,
> hoping to get more control over where libtool installs DLLs.  Unfortunately,
> my DLLs are going to the same place they were before.
>
> I got libtool to do the advertised thing when I invoke it manually, like
> this:
>
> /bin/sh ./libtool --tag=CC --mode=link cl  -MD -Zi -no-undefined
> -export-symbols symfile -Wl,-DEBUG  -o libfoo.la -bindir
> <abs_path_to>/install/bin/Debug -rpath <abs_path_to>/install/lib/Debug
> libfoo_la-public.lo libfoo_la-private.lo
>
> but when automake invokes libtool for me, it doesn't specify -bindir.

Yes.  We haven't figured out whether and when automake should do this
automatically.  If we do, then a future release of Automake may change
this.  Until then you can use add `-bindir $(bindir)' to either
AM_LDFLAGS (if this is to be set for all libraries in this makefile) or
libfoo_la_LDFLAGS for library libfoo.la only.

Hope that helps.