Re: Problem with invocation of libtoolize?

From: Christian Egli
Subject: Re: Problem with invocation of libtoolize?
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 16:04:12 +0100

Hi

On Tue, 2009-11-03 at 06:03 -0800, Dan Nicholson wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 12:13 AM, Christian Egli <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Indeed if I compare the output of autogen.sh below with the one I'm
> > getting, it appears that libtoolize is not invoked with --install. Our
> > autogen.sh[2] script essentially just invokes autoreconf with the
> > options --force --install --verbose. Is this a problem of an old
> > autoreconf?

> Yeah, the important thing is that autoreconf/libtoolize be invoked
> with the --install option. Then when libtoolize is run again it will
> update it's support files (i.e., ltmain.sh). If you don't use
> autoreconf --install, aclocal.m4 will be updated anyway with the local
> libtool macros, but libtoolize will just do nothing since it would
> otherwise "install" files into your source tree.

Thanks for your help. However, the autogen.sh script does invoke
autoreconf with '--force --install --verbose'. It appears that either
old versions of autoreconf don't invoke libtoolize with the --install
option, or more likely old versions of libtoolize don't support the
--install option. Do I do I have any options to influence this, short of
forcing the other devs to upgrade their tool chain?

Thanks
Christian
--
Christian Egli
Swiss Library for the Blind and Visually Impaired