Re: One year since last libtool release

From: Gary V. Vaughan
Subject: Re: One year since last libtool release
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 11:47:31 -0500

Hallo Ralf,

On 11 Oct 2009, at 07:14, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
* Gary V. Vaughan wrote on Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 01:35:39PM CEST:

Not good news I'm afraid. The old testsuite has half a dozen failures
or more on several machines, and the new testsuite gets stuck in an
infinite loop on some of the others :(

Rather that do a comprehensive breakdown in one email, I'll get logs
of the common failure cases in separate threads presently, and rerun
the whole testsuite on a newer snapshot when we've tackled the worst
of those.

Any chance you could just post the testsuite.log files with failures,
even without doing any further analysis, to bug-libtool? That shouldn't
be too much work.

Sorry, I temporarily lost access to the machines due to disk failures and
then went on holiday for almost 2 weeks.

I didn't keep the logfiles last time around (I ran everything in GNU screen shells, and when the disks failed my GNU screen died), but I'll find time
next weekend to redo and start posting the logs.

Cheers,
    Gary
--
Gary V. Vaughan (address@hidden)