Re: libtool-2 problem: Building a QT3 Designer plugin

From: Tim
Subject: Re: libtool-2 problem: Building a QT3 Designer plugin
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 13:30:50 -0500

Ah, sorry, I always thought -lrt stood for the c runtime library
which I thought was responsible for the main() requirement.

It IS attempting to link a program rather than a library.
We have the line:
inst_PROGRAMS = musewidgetsplugin.so

I assumed that this was the only way the original author
 could get it to build a single .so
He has some commented-out attempts at making it
 an LT lib instead. I assumed that didn't give him
 the results he wanted, and as I mentioned, when I
 attempted the same thing, I got an .so, .la and .a
 but they didn't work.

I can remove this feature and probably should,
 since who's gonna use widgets for QT3 in a new
 project anyway...

But now I'm just really curious as to what is the proper way
 to make this work, in case I run into this again.
Seems a bit of a unique case? I mean none of the other
 QT3 Designer plugins also have .la or .a files or even
 version numbers appended to their .so

I read the QT3 docs but they only describe how to
 build plugins using QT3 programs and don't mention
 using libtool.

Thanks. Tim.