Re: libtool-2 problem: Building a QT3 Designer plugin

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: libtool-2 problem: Building a QT3 Designer plugin
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 19:35:19 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 6 Nov 2009, Tim wrote:

Ah, sorry, I always thought -lrt stood for the c runtime library
which I thought was responsible for the main() requirement.

It IS attempting to link a program rather than a library.
We have the line:
inst_PROGRAMS = musewidgetsplugin.so

I assumed that this was the only way the original author
could get it to build a single .so
He has some commented-out attempts at making it
an LT lib instead. I assumed that didn't give him
the results he wanted, and as I mentioned, when I
attempted the same thing, I got an .so, .la and .a
but they didn't work.

Probably this original author did not want a lib prefix on his module. Maybe this will get you closer to where you want to be:

modulesdir = $(libexecdir)/MyFavoritePackage
modules_LTLIBRARIES = musewidgetsplugin.la
musewidgetsplugin_la_SOURCES = musewidgetsplugin.c
musewidgetsplugin_la_CPPFLAGS = -no-undefined -export-symbols-regex ".*"
-shared -module -avoid-version
musewidgetsplugin_la_LDFLAGS = -shared -module -avoid-version
musewidgetsplugin_la_LIBADD =

Some fixes/editing are surely required.

Bob
--