ltdl - how to export from modules

From: Matěj Týč
Subject: ltdl - how to export from modules
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 22:54:36 +0100

Hello,
if you want to lt_dlsym functions from your modules, how do you do that?
If you write Windows libraries, you have to dllexport stuff, however GCC
4 supports the same feature, there you have to use visibility("default")
stuff.
There is something about this in the libtool manual (section 11.2): That
is if I prepend something_LTX_ before the symbol name, the symbol
becomes 'external'.
However I have the impression that this is an extra layer and that I
still have to take care of visibility like I have to when dealing with
shared libraries.
Probably with one exception, Windows uses dllimport to use shared lib
functions, but this doesn't make sense to me in case of modules...
Is that right? If yes, maybe it could be mentioned in the manual.
Regards,
Matej