Re: libtool 2.2.6 on HP-UX, with DESTDIR, installs lt wrapper instead of

From: River Tarnell
Subject: Re: libtool 2.2.6 on HP-UX, with DESTDIR, installs lt wrapper instead of real binary
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 06:45:03 +0000

Ralf Wildenhues:

http://switch.dl.sourceforge.net/project/expat/expat/2.0.1/expat-2.0.1.tar.gz

> Is this only a problem with DESTDIR?

Yes.  If I build like this:

% ./configure --prefix=$HOME/expat
% make
% make install

Then the resulting xmlwf is the real binary, not a wrapper script.

>  We've had proposed patches to get libtool with DESTDIR to work on
>  HP-UX but they were problematic in some respect (see the archives of
>  the libtool-patches list); I don't recall however if the issues were
>  the same as what you are seeing.

Thanks.  I'll have a look at these and see if any of them help.

        - river.