ltdl resident modules are unloaded by lt_dlexit()

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: ltdl resident modules are unloaded by lt_dlexit()
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 18:02:37 -0600 (CST)

I have a module which uses a library which sometimes registers an atexit() handler to clean itself up. If lt_dlexit() is invoked, then any modules loaded by libltdl are then unloaded. Unfortunately, when the module is unloaded, the library it referenced crashes due to the atexit(). I tried using both lt_dladvise_resident() and lt_dlmakeresident() to mark the module as resident so that it can not be unloaded, but the program still crashes at exit. It is not clear to me if the module was still unloaded, or if the problem is that the library it depends on was still unloaded.

Thoughts?

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn