Re: libtool 1.5.26: OpenBSD and -pthread

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: libtool 1.5.26: OpenBSD and -pthread
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 23:08:03 +0100

Hello Vincent,

* Vincent Torri wrote on Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 07:34:09PM CET:
> When passing -pthread to my_lib_LDFLAGS and my_lib_CFLAGS in
> Makefile.am, on OpenBSD (libtool 1.5.26), the linker does not have
> -lpthread, but just -pthread :

Does it help to use the ACX_PTHREAD macro from the Autoconf Macro
Archive, including the variables that it sets?

If GCC documents that -pthread is sufficient to pass at both compile and
at link time, and you observe that it is not on your system, then that
is a GCC bug which you should report to the GCC bugzilla.