Re: libtool, llvm-gcc, failing C++ exceptions

From: dherring
Subject: Re: libtool, llvm-gcc, failing C++ exceptions
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 12:12:35 -0500

Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
> While it has not been proven yet, I am suspecting that the failing C++
> exceptions have something to do with the way that libtool links these
> modules.
>
> Does anyone have ideas about this?

Do all exceptions fail, or just some exceptions?

For example, does something like the following work?

bool handled=false;
try { throw 100; /* or a type local to this compilation unit */ }
catch(int x) { handled=true; }
catch(...)
{
  handled=true;
  assert(false); // should be handled earlier
}
assert(handled);

Many systems catch exceptions based on the address of a symbol that gets
generated with the class destructor; that's caused all my problems when
passing exceptions between libraries.

- Daniel