help with C API in C++ static library

From: Jason Kraftcheck
Subject: help with C API in C++ static library
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 12:10:21 -0600

I am trying to build a static library that is implemented in C++ and has a C
API.  The resulting .la does not appear to include any information
indicating that the library needs to be either linked with C++ or explicitly
include the C++ runtime libraries.  Thus when I try to link a simple test
application written in C, the link step fails because of unresolved symbols
provided by the C++ runtime libraries.  What are my options at this point?
The ideal solution (for me) would be for libtool to include the C++ runtime
libraries in dependency_libs for the .la.  Is this possible?

thanks,

- jason kraftcheck