Re: Can anyone think of a way to get circular dependencies between windo

From: Dave Korn
Subject: Re: Can anyone think of a way to get circular dependencies between windows DLLs?
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 19:30:23 +0000

On 18/03/2010 18:57, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> * Dave Korn wrote on Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 02:49:35AM CET:
>>   Can I build an import library in the .libs/ subdir and leave an empty one
>> by
>> the same name in the parent dir and the -L paths will make sure that the one
>> goes into the DLL link and the other ends up in the static archive?
>
> I wouldn't know how to do that without changing libtool.  But I'm not
> sure I even understand: what do you mean by adding an empty library
> to a static archive?  Even with an import library, adding to a static
> archive should be a no-op, no?

  <g>  Nah, it was late on St. Patrick's night when I wrote that and I wasn't
thinking straight.  Of course the linker isn't involved in "linking" a static
library.  Duh me.  So the -Wl, approach solves both aspects of the problem
neatly in one.  Just preparing to test some patches right now, thanks for the
advice!

    cheers,
      DaveK