Re: libtool/make and sysroot

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: libtool/make and sysroot
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 19:54:03 +0100

Hello Ersin,

thanks for providing a nice and detailed analysis!

* Ersin Akinci wrote on Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 06:29:14PM CET:
> I've been trying to build DirectFB, and I think that I've narrowed down a
> bug in the build process to what might be a confusing make or libtool
> behavior.  I've been cross-compiling using --sysroot for gcc so that
> everything will link against a custom set of libraries that I've built.

libtool doesn't really cope well with --sysroot yet, sorry you had to
learn the hard way.  You can probably work around it by temporarily
moving /usr/lib/libpng12.la out of the way, if that file exists.
If it doesn't exist, then another workaround to try is to add
  -L/home/ersin/vorpo/toolchain/usr/lib

to LDFLAGS at some point, but of course that means that installed .la
files will have wrong paths in them, and possibly installed programs and
libraries could have a wrong run path embedded in them.

Hope that helps.