Re: GNU Libtool 2.2.7b released (2.2.8 release candidate).

From: Gary V. Vaughan
Subject: Re: GNU Libtool 2.2.7b released (2.2.8 release candidate).
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 12:32:31 +0700

Hi Roumen,

On 22 May 2010, at 03:26, Roumen Petrov wrote:
> Gary V. Vaughan wrote:
>>
>> The Libtool Team is pleased to announce release candidate 2.2.7b of GNU
>> Libtool.  If there are no serious deficiencies reported in this release,
>> it will be renumbered as 2.2.8 and re-released (otherwise, we'll fix
>> any problems and put out 2.2.7d first).
> [SNIP]
>
> I not sure that this is resolved :
> "http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-libtool/2010-01/msg00028.html";

Can you confirm that the testcase at the end of this link still shows a
failure on Windows? I haven't used a Windows machine in almost a decade,
and don't have access to one.

Is the problem due to Windows searching for DLLs along $PATH?  And, if so, do
you know whether the current directory is always searched first irrespective
of the PATH setting?

If your answers are 'yes' and 'no' respectively, I might be able to look
into the wrapper script code and figure out why PATH is not being set
correctly.  In either case, I'll be happy to accept a patch :)

Gary V. Vaughan (address@hidden)