Re: GNU Libtool 2.2.7b released (2.2.8 release candidate).

From: Alon Bar-Lev
Subject: Re: GNU Libtool 2.2.7b released (2.2.8 release candidate).
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 10:44:46 +0300

On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 9:46 AM, Gary V. Vaughan <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Alon,
>
> On 22 May 2010, at 13:02, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
>> On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 3:22 AM, Gary V. Vaughan <address@hidden> wrote:
>>>
>>> GNU Libtool hides the complexity of using shared libraries behind a
>>> consistent, portable interface. GNU Libtool ships with GNU libltdl,
>>> which hides the complexity of loading dynamic runtime libraries
>>> (modules) behind a consistent, portable interface.
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>> I don't think [1] was solved.
>>
>> [1] http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg12013.html
>
> Thanks for the ping.  However I haven't used a Windows machine in almost
> a decade and don't have access to one, but I'd be happy to accept a patch.

You don't have to access one, as this is exactly what I am trying to achieve,
cross compile Windows binaries on Linux.

> Although I've slipped the deadlines I set myself at the top of this thread:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg12059.html a little already,
> I still plan to put Libtool-2.2.8 out within a week (or two at most), just
> so long as no one reports significant breakage or regression that make it
> worse than 2.2.6.
>
> And then Libtool-2.2.10 a month (or two at most) later.
>
> If your pet bugs aren't patched in time for 2.2.8, there's still time to
> feed a patch to us in time for 2.2.10.
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Gary V. Vaughan (address@hidden)

If I read your response correctly, all is needed is to set:
lt_cv_deplibs_check_method="pass_all"
For mingw hosts.

But I am no expert in libtool, and it is a complex set of macros.
All I know that in the final result libtool script setting:
deplibs_check_method="pass_all"

Makes it work.

If you have some other though and you want me to test, I will be happy to.

Regards,
Alon.