Re: Windows Patches [Was: GNU Libtool 2.2.8 released (stable)]

From: Peter Rosin
Subject: Re: Windows Patches [Was: GNU Libtool 2.2.8 released (stable)]
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2010 11:26:03 +0200

Den 2010-06-08 10:22 skrev Peter Rosin:
It seems odd both to (a) have entries from 2009 in the (future-to-be) 2010
ChangeLog and (b) to make changes to the 2009 ChangeLog at this point.

I see that for the first merge of master into the branch last year I
updated the dates in the ChangeLog so that they said 2009, but that's
lying. Sort-of anyway...

Thinking about it some more, I came to the conclusion that the obviously
correct thing to do is to merge the new entries into ChangeLog.2009.
If the branch is merged back, that is when the changes appeared, after
all. It we instead decide to cherry-pick from the branch it's another
story, then my request for advise will be applicable.

Please advice.

No longer needed, but thanks for your time anyway. :-)

Cheers,
Peter