Re: upgrading from 2.2 to 2.2.8

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: upgrading from 2.2 to 2.2.8
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 19:19:08 +0200

Hello Sam,

* Sam Steingold wrote on Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 07:04:31PM CEST:
> I upgraded my libtool.m4 from 2.2 to 2.2.8 and now aclocal fails:
[...]
> apparently, I must include some other files in addition to libtool.m4:
>
>   4 argz.m4      28 ltdl.m4         8 ltsugar.m4      4 ltversion.m4
> 256 libtool.m4   12 ltoptions.m4    4 ltversion.in    8 lt~obsolete.m4
>
> which ones?

Those that libtoolize, given the appropriate options, will install for
you, or tell you to use.  `info Libtool LT_INIT' and the 'Invoking
libtoolize' have more information on AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIR and
ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS you might want to set beforehand.

This isn't really different between 2.2 and 2.2.8, BTW, that already
happened when we moved from 1.5.x.

> why did you make this change?

Because we, too, prefer cleaning up things every now and then.

Hope that helps.