Re: Blackfin and version scripts

From: Russ Allbery
Subject: Re: Blackfin and version scripts
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 14:00:04 -0700

Werner Koch <address@hidden> writes:

> (4) Let libtool do something.  This may be an option to detect
> -Wl,--version-script=foo on the command line and hook in a sed to
> transform the symbols.  It is pretty common that symols are all prefixed
> with something like "foo_" or "_foo_" and thus the option could take a
> list of these prefixes and - if a symbol prefix is required - transform
> the version script.

I would dearly, dearly love for libtool to pick up a --version-script
option that would pass in the full version script on platforms with
linkers that understand it, turn it into a symbol export list on platforms
that only support that, and suppress it entirely if the linker doesn't
have any relevant capabilities.  That would save me a ton of maintenance
burden on some of my packages, and it would then be easy to add a feature
like the above as well.

--
Russ Allbery (address@hidden)             <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>