RE: Building modules on AIX

From: Daniel Sands
Subject: RE: Building modules on AIX
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 16:42:54 -0600

On Mon, 2010-08-23 at 11:20 +0400, Беляев Анатолий Анатольевич wrote:
> Hi.
> For the subversion try install it from
> collabnet(http://www.open.collab.net/downloads/community/)
> It works fine for me on both 5.x and 6.x version of AIX. It contain archive
> which should be unpacked to /opt folder.

Thank you for the suggestion.  I just now got all the RPMS to work
though :)  I guess simply (and finally!!!) rebuilding everything was
sufficient to make the interaction between apr-util and libiconv work.

For the "-module" issue, I got it to do what I wanted by supplying a
command string for module_expsym_cmds that excludes the "ar" step and
setting module_cmds=":", and then adding a couple of kludges:

        # Get the real and link names of the library.
        eval shared_ext=\"$shrext_cmds\"
        eval library_names=\"$library_names_spec\"
        set dummy $library_names
        shift
        realname="$1"
        shift

>>>        test "$mode" = relink && realname="$libname.so"

        if test -n "$soname_spec"; then
          eval soname=\"$soname_spec\"
        else
          soname="$realname"
        fi

and

        # Make a backup of the uninstalled library when relinking
        if test "$mode" = relink; then
          $opt_dry_run || eval '(cd $output_objdir && $RM ${realname}U
&& $MV $r
ealname ${realname}U)' || exit $?
        fi

        # Do each of the archive commands.
        if test "$module" = yes && test -n "$module_cmds" ; then
>>>          library_names="$libname.so"
          if test -n "$export_symbols" && test -n "$module_expsym_cmds";
then
            eval test_cmds=\"$module_expsym_cmds\"
            cmds=$module_expsym_cmds
          else