Re: Link Time Optimization

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Link Time Optimization
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 19:00:32 +0200

Hello David,

* David wrote on Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 06:32:22PM CEST:
> I've been searching mailing list for supporting -flto in libtool, and seen
> several (commited?) patches.

not yet committed, unfortunately; I had hoped for feedback from a person
knowledgeable with WinCE, but that didn't happen.  Oh well.

Since my Great Plan for automated testing is read to be deployed this
weekend, I think I'll have another go at testing the proposed patches;
they change commands on a lot of different systems, and I want to make
sure they work before committing under the 72hour rule as Gary suggested
before.

So, unless problems show up, they should hopefully appear in 2.2.12,
due fairly soon.

> The problem is that I've tried git version of libtool (trunk) and still it is
> not supported since any program will compile with -flto (for example,
> mysql-5.1.50).

Thanks for mentioning that, I will test the patches on this package
then.