Re: Link Time Optimization

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Link Time Optimization
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 07:00:39 +0200

* David wrote on Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 04:31:08AM CEST:
> Instead of relying in only one person and possibly waiting for his response,
> how about to start supporting it in all other arches and disabling it on
> untested arches like WinCE?

That's not the point.  The question was for some reorganization needed
prior to the actual LTO-enabling patches.  I did not see a way to do the
reorganization sanely without it affecting WinCE.  Many changes in
Libtool don't just affect one system.

Details can all be found in the threads I've quoted.