Re: Link Time Optimization

From: Nick Bowler
Subject: Re: Link Time Optimization
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 09:55:19 -0400

On 2010-08-25 06:40 +0200, Vincent Torri wrote:
> What would be nice about the autotools ML is having, in the subject,
> the name of the project > in bracket:
>
> Subject: [libtool] ****
>
> That can be done automatically (a configuration option in mailman, I
> guess). That would make me more aware of something important to read.

Please, no mangling of e-mail subjects.  All pain, no gain.  See

  http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/qralston/writing/tagging-harmful/

for details.  Everything sent by this mailing list has the header:

which can be used to filter mails from the list.  For example, I use the
following procmail recipe:

  :0
  * ^X-BeenThere:address@hidden
  libtool/

which puts all the mails from this list into the 'libtool' mailbox.

--
Nick Bowler, Elliptic Technologies (http://www.elliptictech.com/)