Re: Link Time Optimization

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: Link Time Optimization
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 10:43:43 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 25 Aug 2010, Nick Bowler wrote:
 http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/qralston/writing/tagging-harmful/

for details.  Everything sent by this mailing list has the header:

which can be used to filter mails from the list.  For example, I use the
following procmail recipe:

 :0
 * ^X-BeenThere:address@hidden
 libtool/

which puts all the mails from this list into the 'libtool' mailbox.

You might as well send the mail to /dev/null since that is how it would be treated. Maybe some mail programs are able to monitor many tens of individual inboxes but most don't. My life would be considerably improved if [libtool] appeared in the subject line. All of the non-GNU lists I am on include the list name in the subject line. It may be that for some people here, libtool is essentially a full-time occupation, but that is not the case for me.

When one participates in a conversation, mails addressed directly from the sender to you would fail to be filtered, leading to an incomplete communication flow in the default inbox.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn