Re: Link Time Optimization

From: Vincent Torri
Subject: Re: Link Time Optimization
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 19:01:16 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 25 Aug 2010, Werner Koch wrote:

On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 21:32, address@hidden said:

In order to be able to support Libtool on WinCE, we need somebody to be
able to test it regularly, for example before releases; also, we need to
be able to ask questions about it now and then.  Are you able to do this

I assume that this only for cegcc and not for msvc, right?

Given that we ported GnuPG to WinCE and that we need to maintain it for
some time we should be able to test the stuff.  We have build service
running [1].  As of now we use a patched libtool version due to a tight
development plan.  For better maintenance we need to switch to regular
libtool anyway and that most likely means the latest snapshots.  The
drawback is that we don't use all libtool features.

Our group has gained quite some experience with CE and we developed a
few tools (e.g. a himem loader [2]).  We have not yets convinced cegcc
to create thumb code; we might look into this in the next weeks.

Our libs will be dayly built with some kind of buildbot. mingw, mingw-w64 and cegcc will be included. So it will also be a good test.

Vincent Torri