.cvsignore files still relevant?

From: Gary V. Vaughan
Subject: .cvsignore files still relevant?
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 10:46:54 +0700

Do we still need to maintain .cvsignore files for a cvs
mirror of our git repo, or is it safe to remove them now?

(I have a patch in my queue that tries to sanitize and
make equivalent our various ignore files -- but I see
that Chuck's recent patch added *.obj to the top-level
.gitignore without an equivalent *.obj addition to every
.cvsignore file)

Gary V. Vaughan (address@hidden)