Re: 2.4 Release in 24hrs

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: 2.4 Release in 24hrs
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 09:40:50 +0200

Hi Gary,

* Gary V. Vaughan wrote on Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 06:03:19AM CEST:
> I'm planning to make the belated 2.4 release in about 24 hours.

Great!

> If there is any reason you'd like me to hold off for a bit longer,
> please speak up now!

I don't know of any confirmed regression that we have analyzed and a
patch for.  IOW, anything else can be addressed after the release.

Please send a message to the list though right when you require no more
changes to the tree though; there still the odd testsuite issue or two
in new tests, and while with git, it is not a problem if we push
something while you create the release (in that case you can still merge
origin/master afterwards, instead of rebase origin/master), it would be
nicer to not have this.

Thanks,