Re: 2.4 Release in 24hrs

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: 2.4 Release in 24hrs
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 19:58:00 +0200

* Bob Friesenhahn wrote on Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 07:53:15PM CEST:
> On Mon, 20 Sep 2010, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> >
> >I'd really appreciate if you guys could send build logs to the autobuild
> >server as I've been doing lately, much more than just posting
> >non-verbose results on the list here.
> >
> >You don't need to have autobuild installed.  When Eric installs
> >autobuild.m4 you don't need to do anything else.
>
> No autobuild.m4 here.  Only heard mention of it in the past couple
> of days.  I don't know what it is.

And when that patch is in, you *don't* need to know.  Just wait for the
commit, git fetch && git rebase, profit.

> > $sanitize logfile
> > mail libtool_autobuild.josefsson.org < logfile
>
> Most systems I test on have no email access.  Certainly I would not
> trust a Windows PC dedicated to testing with the ability to send
> email.

So?  Send it from any other system.  Certainly you will have some way to
transfer data from or to that PC.

> Shouldn't there be a username component to that email address?

Well, in the part of my email that you clipped, I explained the mangling
that I used.

Thanks,