Re: 2.4 Release in 24hrs

From: Charles Wilson
Subject: Re: 2.4 Release in 24hrs
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 18:10:39 -0400

On 9/20/2010 1:41 PM, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> I'd really appreciate if you guys could send build logs to the autobuild
> server...
> Here's what I use, more or less, to create the logs:
>
>   ( ../libtool/configure [OPTIONS] \
>     && make \
>     && make -k check
>     cat test-suite.log tests/testsuite.log
>     if tail tests/testsuite.log | grep '^| ' >/dev/null; then :; else
>       sed 's/^/| /' config.log
>     fi
>   ) > logfile
>
>   $sanitize logfile
>   mail libtool_autobuild.josefsson.org < logfile
>
> with the underscore replaced by @.  For now, OPTIONS includes
> autobuild_mode=bla if there is anything special about the build.

See, that's what was missing.  You had asked about a month ago for me to
save all the logs from my various tests...but I had no idea what to DO
with them.  Anyway, those are all a month out of date, so I'll test the
2.4 release on those platforms and submit new reports.

We should probably create some sort of reporting script (post 2.4, of
course) and mention it (and its usage) in HACKING.  Perhaps also in the
message you get at the end of the new testsuite when there are failing
tests.  Right now that message says (for instance):

=====
Please send `tests/testsuite.log' and all information you think might help:

   To: <bug-libtool_gnu.org>
   Subject: [GNU Libtool 2.2.11a] testsuite: 78 112 failed

You may investigate any problem if you feel able to do so, in which
case the test suite provides a good starting point.  Its output may
be found below `tests/testsuite.dir'.
=====

--
Chuck