Re: libtool and LTO

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: libtool and LTO
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 17:30:51 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 4 Oct 2010, Andi Kleen wrote:

I discovered that libtool breaks gcc LTO (link time optimization)

Is there a solution or a workaround known?

I'm using libtool 2.2.6b

Maybe you should use libtool 2.4? I believe that this includes fixes by Ralf Wildenhues for -flto but if you are using Automake I have heard that there are some fixes in development Automake which are needed/useful for -flto.

I am interested in trying LTO for myself. :-)

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn