Re: Unwanted shared runtime libraries getting added

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Unwanted shared runtime libraries getting added
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 19:14:18 +0200

Hello Ethan,

* Ethan Mallove wrote on Fri, Oct 08, 2010 at 02:42:53PM CEST:
> I'm trying to create a library which has no shared library
> dependencies using the Intel compilers, but it appears Libtool might
> be automatically adding in some -lfoo flags that are forcing the
> issue.  How can I tell Libtool to not add the -lfoo flags?

Which libraries are added?  Which of those would you like to avoid?
Please show a 'libtool --mode=link' command line and its output.

libtool normally adds all direct and indirect library dependencies
(the latter only when link_all_deplibs is true, which it currently is
everywhere except in the Debian-modified libtool), as well as compiler
support libraries.  The indirect deplibs is an obvious issue for at
least distributors, the rest is usually the right thing to do.