libtool-2.2.10: print vs. printf

From: Markus Duft
Subject: libtool-2.2.10: print vs. printf
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 09:59:27 +0200

Hi!

I have a question: In the new libtool, $ECHO is checked for in
libtool.me, preferring print over printf over a fallback echo. Now, on
interix, i have a KSH as /bin/sh which has print builtin, and thus
configure chooses it. now when building, libtool is called using another
shell (a bash), and things (of course) go wrong.

as a workaround now i can use CONFIG_SHELL to set another shell (and
call configure using that shell explicitly! it does not seem sufficient
in all cases to set CONFIG_SHELL.), but i feel that it is not so good to
rely on shell builtins which may not be there when make is called... any
insights?

or am i wrong, and it is specified, that the shells that configure and
make use have to be the same?

regards,
markus