Re: How does one specify linking to 64 bit libraries when there is a cho

From: Bruce Korb
Subject: Re: How does one specify linking to 64 bit libraries when there is a choice?
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 13:46:41 -0800

On 12/17/10 13:37, Peter O'Gorman wrote:
>> I haven't had a problem with setting --libdir at configure time and then
>> running make && make install, do you perhaps recall what packages gave
>> you issues with this?
>
> Oh, I misread again, just for a change :( I don't think setting libdir
> in the environment at configure time is supposed to work, it needs to be
> passed as a configure argument, for example:
>
> ./configure --libdir=/usr/local/lib64

I cannot test this.  There is some "bdw-gc" magic:

$ ../configure --libdir=/usr/local/lib64
checking for struct tm.tm_gmtoff... (cached) yes
checking whether we need POSIX to get struct utimbuf... no
checking for BDW_GC... configure: error: Package requirements (bdw-gc) were not
met:

No package 'bdw-gc' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables BDW_GC_CFLAGS
and BDW_GC_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.