Re: how to debug unexpected dependency

From: Mirko Vukovic
Subject: Re: how to debug unexpected dependency
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 22:55:56 -0500

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 1:29 PM, Ralf Wildenhues <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello Mirko,

* Mirko Vukovic wrote on Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 06:31:04PM CET:
> A build of mpc on 64-bit RHEL5 fails.  I tracked down the cause to an entry
> in libmpc.la file:
>
> # Libraries that this one depends upon.
> dependency_libs='
> /usr/local/lib/libmpfr.la/home/nini/OpenFOAM/ThirdParty-1.7.0/platforms/linux64/gmp-5.0.1/lib/
> libgmp.la /usr/local/lib/libgmp.la'

> I am looking for ideas on how to debug this condition.

Usually, by looking at the output of the 'libtool --mode=link' command
that produces this library, with --debug added as first argument to
libtool.  In this (usually large!) trace output find out why this path
is searched at all.  That usually points to where the problem comes from.

If you have the trace but cannot decipher it, feel free to post it here,
gzip'ed.

Hope that helps.

(un)fortunately, the problem disappeared.  The only difference is that I removed the OpenFOAM installation from the user account where the problem manifested itself.

Thanks,

Mirko