Re: old solaris problem

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: old solaris problem
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 23:15:44 +0100

() Bob Friesenhahn <address@hidden>
() Thu, 17 Feb 2011 09:02:38 -0600 (CST)

   I recommend eliminating use of this macro.  Whatever purpose it
   was intending to solve surely no longer exists.

   I use Solaris for development and have never needed anything
   similar to what this macro is doing.  It seems likely that the
   developer of the macro was solving some issue with his own
   compiler installation.

   Libtool 1.4.2 was released in 2002.  That is eons in libtool time.

Thanks for the quick response.  I will remorselessly remove this
macro and set the prereq for Libtool 2.4.