Re: using dynamic libraries instead of static

From: L A
Subject: Re: using dynamic libraries instead of static
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 01:34:57 -0700

> Where is the static version being specified?  Look at the command line to
> libtool and the command line libtool passes to g++.  If libstdc++.a appears
> on the former, then you have a makefile problem.  If libtool is adding it,
> then there are a couple places to look.

It does not appear on the command line but is there when libtool is calling g++.

> Is some "--static" flag being passed?
> Is libstdc++.a coming from a .la file?

The library that fails is not being compiled with -static. It is not
in the libtool line or in the actual g++ command. I have checked all
the .la files, but there are not any direct libstdc++.a dependencies.
However ltdl/libltdlc.la has the libstdc++.la in its dependencies.

> Common fixes:
> - fix the makefile
> - fix/hide the offending .la file
> - hide the .a file

Deleting the .la files in the toolchain helps. Is this a bug?