Libtool and GPLv3

From: Christophe Jarry
Subject: Libtool and GPLv3
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2011 22:13:38 +0200

Dear developers,

Is there a plan to release GNU Libtool under GPLv3 or later?

Ralf seemed to say so in his post from 2008 at
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libtool/2008-02/msg00069.html:

    Well, yes, eventually we will switch the various differently-licensed
    parts of Libtool to version 3 or later of the GPL, LGPL, including the
    exception clauses (see the file HACKING in the CVS tree about the
    individual licensing rules).  We are still waiting for the lawyers to
    reformulate the exception clauses in the way that GPLv3 specifies
    additions to happen to that license.  But I strongly expect 2.2 to be
    released before that happens.

Christophe