mingw-w64's libuuid.a : *** Warning: linker path does not have real file

From: Vincent Torri
Subject: mingw-w64's libuuid.a : *** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -luuid.
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 17:49:24 +0200

hey

I'm using mingw-w64 gcc (4.8.0 experimental)

I have to link a library (named Evil) against libuuid.a. That is, in
Makefile.am :

libevil_la_LIBADD = -luuid etc......

I have the warning that I pasted in the topic:

** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -luuid.
etc...

and no DLL is produced. I have worked around that by adding before LT_INIT :

lt_cv_deplibs_check_method='pass_all'

and I have now the DLL. I thought that it would have been sufficient.
It's not. Because of the .la files (dependency_libs fieldcontains
-luuid) , each time I link against Evil, -luuid is passed and I have
the warning above, and no DLL is produced. Even worse, some binaries
can not be compiled at all.

So I would like to know how I can forbid libtool to pass -luuid each
time I link against Evil.

thank you

Vincent Torri