Re: recursive ltdl causes symbols to disappear from .dll.a on mingw32

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: recursive ltdl causes symbols to disappear from .dll.a on mingw32
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 11:31:47 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 6 Sep 2012, Brice Goglin wrote:
For GraphicsMagick's loadable modules I pass these extra options to
libtool:

-no-undefined -export-symbols-regex ".*" -shared -module -avoid-version

Notice the wildcard specification for exported symbols.

Interesting.
Would this export all my symbols, including the internal ones that are
not public?

Yes, this is pretty lame in that regard. I believe that you can specify the exact symbols you want exported. If the symbols were all nicely named according to a convention, then the simple wildcard approach would be more convenient than a file listing exported symbols.

The good thing about the dllexport attribute is that you only place it
in front of symbols that must be public.

Yes. In the GraphicsMagick MinGW build (but not Cygwin) we use dllexport symbol decorations as well.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn