Re: [sr #108201] libtool problems with -export-symbols-regex on solaris

From: Dennis Clarke
Subject: Re: [sr #108201] libtool problems with -export-symbols-regex on solaris with gcc-4.7.x
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 14:24:10 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Bob Friesenhahn <address@hidden>
Date: Tuesday, December 11, 2012 9:57 am
Subject: [sr #108201] libtool problems with -export-symbols-regex on solaris
with gcc-4.7.x
To: Richard PALO <address@hidden>, Bob Friesenhahn <address@hidden>,
address@hidden

> Follow-up Comment #2, sr #108201 (project libtool):
>
> I notice that the error message mentions the program name 'sed' rather
> than
> 'gsed'.  Perhaps two different sed programs are being used?  It seems
> likely
> that the 'sed' which failed is Solaris 'sed' rather than GNU 'sed'.

Is there a valid reason why a POSIX compliant ( POSIX.2, POSIX.2a, SUS, SUSv2,
XPG4  ) sed can not be used ?

That would be the sed in /usr/xpg4/bin on Solaris 10 and if GNU extensions are
required, which are not covered in the standard, the the questions is .. why?

Dennis

ps: I know this is slightly out of scope but a continual source of problems in
the POSIX world