[sr #108201] libtool problems with -export-symbols-regex on solaris with

From: Richard PALO
Subject: [sr #108201] libtool problems with -export-symbols-regex on solaris with gcc-4.7.x
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 06:50:35 +0000

Follow-up Comment #11, sr #108201 (project libtool):

I guess I can add the following:

1. regarding "-no-undefined", when I changed this to avoid the syntax error on
solaris (which should be, for example, -Wl,--no-undefined), the linker
complained that it was a duplicate option implying, I believe, that it is by
default.

If it is a libtool directive, then it should not be in LDFLAGS which are
linker directives, it should be added independently as an additional argument
in the appropriate libtool calls.

Export.at is not the only test that uses this.

To see all that fail:

'$ gmake CC=g++ check-local'

2. as for the issues object of my libtool bug report, there is
only one... libtool omits '-Wl,-h -Wl,$soname' on solaris platforms when
CC=g++ and the link editor is solaris ld (/usr/bin/ld).

This omits to tell the linker to add the SONAME to resulting object.

Therefore the patch submitted for libltdl/m4/libtool.m4

The test case for this is to add to 'export.at' a crucial subtest that, at
least on solaris and I presume on all ELF platforms, check that SONAME is
correctly added to the shared library/object.
(reference:news://news.gmane.org:119/address@hidden )

I submit that the maintainer of the test 'export.at' ensure that the test
works on all platforms.

By the way, I added only to '# case 1: shared library built from object'

Perhaps '# case 2: shared library built from convenience archive.' should also
be tested.

I leave this as well to the export.at maintainer.

Cheers

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?108201>

  Message posté via/par Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/