[sr #108201] libtool problems with -export-symbols-regex on solaris with

From: Peter Rosin
Subject: [sr #108201] libtool problems with -export-symbols-regex on solaris with gcc-4.7.x
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 10:05:10 +0000

Follow-up Comment #18, sr #108201 (project libtool):

I believe gcc 4.5.3 is the latest stable for Cygwin. I do not
trust myself to be able to build a new gcc and verify that it
actually works for Cygwin without investing far more time than I
think is warranted. I imagine that there is some good reason for
Cygwin gcc to remain 4.5.3... And, the gcc version is not likely
to affect if libtool passes -un-undefined on to the toolchain
or if libtool handles the flag correctly.

The libtool I used was git master as of 2012-11-02 (34fe402efa1)
plus a couple of local changes which do not affect things in
any relevant way. Besides, any change will have to be against
master anyway, so you might as well test that first, instead
of asking me to go digging in the history.

However, my prediction is that master and 2.4.2 will behave the
same for you in this regard.

So, all in all, I don't think it is productive for me to test
with different versions.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?108201>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/