Re: problem with hardcode_libdir_flag_spec

From: Robert Boehne
Subject: Re: problem with hardcode_libdir_flag_spec
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 12:21:34 -0600

Sorry - now that I've re-read your post I understand it better.

the Autoconf implementation of libdir is to refrain from expanding this until "make install" time - so AC_SUBST([libdir])  clashes with that implementation.  If it could be called a bug - that bug would be in Autoconf, and might be "fixed" by having AC_SUBST have a list of all the Autoconf-reserved names and rejecting any inconsistent of them.

HTH,

Robert